SAFspace

Welcome to the thoughts, rants and passions of a young Muslim woman seeking soulful enlightenment in cyberspace.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Invasion of the Meese!


I am walking along College St., minding my own business, when, on a whim, I decide to walk by the old-fashioned red brick building that is our local fire station, foolishly hoping some bright red fire engines might cheer me up. Sadly, the trucks are safely tucked away, secure from the chunky snowflakes plopping down with abandon.


But as I swallow my disappointment, lo and behold! Not one, but two moose lording over the little road. I blink once, twice, and yet again, hoping perhaps my medication has blurred my vision. But it is to no avail. The moose are still there, both dressed impeccably in white uniform. I have to admit the one in the Maple Leafs jersey is far more attractive. Regrettably, the two are too pompous to look at me, though I come to my senses just in time to snap away frantically with my shiny digital camera. I’m sure they’re basking in the attention, but are too proud to show it. What do you think?





Notice how they studiously ignore me? Neither of them have anything to be proud of. The Maple Leafs fellow? No games to play this season. And the Blue Jays Moose? The saddest team I've ever seen. Maybe that's why they'd rather stand outside in the snow. Poor fellows. Both of them.

5 Comments:

  • At 3/14/2005 09:26:00 PM, Blogger Magazine Man said…

    Those big guys get into the darnedest places. We had one in our swimming pool once, but never two up on the roof! ;-)

     
  • At 3/15/2005 02:11:00 AM, Blogger Safiyyah said…

    Wow! Moose in your backyard? Where do you live?
    This whole moose thing is getting scary. I was embarrassed when Lastman decided it was a good idea to host a herd of more 300 moose in Toronto, and relieved when they all seemed to get away somehow. Now they're popping up in the strangest places.
    I'm on a look-out for them now.

     
  • At 3/15/2005 09:05:00 PM, Blogger Magazine Man said…

    I grew up in New Hampshire. Moose were scarce then (lots more now). My cousins up in Maine had a worse time. One cousin almost failed his driving test in high school because a moose charged the driver's ed car!

    I think they should give you an automatic pass when that happens...

     
  • At 3/16/2005 12:13:00 AM, Blogger izzymo said…

    I choose you as my last person to interview. Join the game sister! I hope you like my questions. They are located at my blog.

    Izzy Mo

     
  • At 3/18/2005 03:38:00 PM, Blogger Safiyyah said…

    Izzy Mo,
    I haven't forgotten. I'll get to the questions soon, inshaa Allaah.
    Take care,
    Safiyyah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home