SAFspace

Welcome to the thoughts, rants and passions of a young Muslim woman seeking soulful enlightenment in cyberspace.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Moose Distracts From Noose (Er, Nose)


I am mad at my nose. Enraged, actually. Because I cannot breathe. How can a nose be runny and clogged at the same time? I have been deliberating this puzzling question for many hours. It is deeply philosophical, and there are no simple ways to resolve it. But it’s an easy target, for it distracts me from the dizziness and the face that throbs and aches.

I know who I caught it from too. Am I supposed to feel sorry for the person with the dreadful, hacking coughs and splattering ah-choos, or enraged that she had the gumption to come out and make me sick? I do not know. But in my worst moments, I admit I tend towards the latter.


To distract myself from philosophical questions I cannot answer, I turn to another one: why do sick people find hideous things appealing? I found this moose – the last of the herd – standing serenely over passers-by a busy street. And for just a moment, I forgot the pain as I imagined climbing onto that moose. It was a joyous moment. And yes, I might have been hallucinating.



Toronto readers, take a guess: On which street is the last of this endangered fibreglass species to be found? Hint: the last of this endangered fibreglass species is the same majestic moose that graces this post.

2 Comments:

  • At 3/07/2005 03:00:00 AM, Blogger ephphatha said…

    When I look at that moose, I still feel like I'm hallucinating.

     
  • At 3/07/2005 08:39:00 AM, Blogger Lyvvie said…

    That is a bitchin moose.

    Imagine the party one could have with him as a pinata.

    When I have sinus trouble..I become a slave to Sinex. It's unbearably un-feminine to snort and snuff the stuff, but it works a treat.

    So does a nice hot sauna.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home