SAFspace

Welcome to the thoughts, rants and passions of a young Muslim woman seeking soulful enlightenment in cyberspace.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Sirens Beckon


Though her mind utters weak protestations, her heart cannot resist. For everywhere the sirens echo the sweet songs of enticement within. And though she knows she shall be lured towards impending disaster, she grows weary of this timeless rivalry between desire and wretched obligation.

God help her, for she has not the strength to sail away.

5 Comments:

  • At 3/31/2005 08:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to hear you gonna continue blogging?

    People do you know the Saffiyah is a local celebrity in Toronto. She appears on Quran Speaks, a weekly half hour program, which appears on CTS. Very informative show...

    I wonder what kinda of feedback do you get on that show, hopefully not as harsh as here....

    Salaams,

     
  • At 4/01/2005 03:35:00 AM, Blogger Safiyyah said…

    Ouch. I know you mean well, but I purposefully don't post certain things on this blog.

    Anyway, not the end of the world. I suppose these things are bound to come out sooner or later. Just to clarify, I'm definitely not a local celebrity. It's just a small religious show I do in my spare time. But thanks for the vote of confidence;-)

     
  • At 4/01/2005 01:22:00 PM, Blogger Lyvvie said…

    Ooohhh...look Safi...you got a Falker (fan/stalker) how cool!


    Darn...700 channels on my satellite and I can't get your show.

    just figures.

    I'm glad you're staying.

     
  • At 4/04/2005 07:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Saf...you mean Odysseus had more strength than you?
    SM

     
  • At 4/04/2005 01:54:00 PM, Blogger Safiyyah said…

    Can't compete with someone who was physically restrained. Odysseus was tied down to his boat, but even he struggled against his bonds. ;-)
    I love The Odyssey, by the way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home