SAFspace

Welcome to the thoughts, rants and passions of a young Muslim woman seeking soulful enlightenment in cyberspace.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Two-Week Special for Fools


April Fool’s Day it is – one of my favourite days of the year. As Mark Twain wisely stated, “the first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year.” In that spirit, I wish to announce that two new characters will be joining this blog for a two-week trial period, beginning on Monday.

Roshan is from Guyana and she believes the Guyanese part of her is often misunderstood. She’s reluctant to start a blog on Guyana because she’s uncertain whether she can sustain something of that sort. Perhaps her success here may persuade her to take the next big step.

“Free Spirit” is the second guest blogger. She is infamous for her willingness to speak her mind. She will be an “interesting” addition to my blog. I hope that some of her lively (and hilarious) anecdotes and articles will grace this page – particularly those pertaining to the good ‘ole Islamic school days.

Stay tuned for more information. I may add new voices to SAFspace in the weeks to come. In the meantime, ladies and gentlemen, please join me in introducing….Roshan and Free Spirit!

2 Comments:

  • At 4/01/2005 11:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Safiyah,

    You ever think of going into Public Relations? You are a natural at it! Consider me sold in the sense that I will continue to visit your site. It is so hard to think for yourself when someone does it so well for you.

    Salaams,

     
  • At 4/02/2005 03:00:00 AM, Blogger Leila M. said…

    Good idea, I love wikis! Any female who wants on HU, just drop me a note, too

     

Post a Comment

<< Home