SAFspace

Welcome to the thoughts, rants and passions of a young Muslim woman seeking soulful enlightenment in cyberspace.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Dr. Zaghloul El-Naggar at UofT


Dr. Zaghloul El-Naggar will be speaking at the University of Toronto tomorrow. I'll be there - I've been asked to moderate the session.

Here are the details of the lecture:

Human Development in the Glorious Qur’an
2 - 4 p.m. on Thursday, June 16
Bahen Centre for Information Technology, Room 1160
40 St. George St., University of Toronto

Dr. El-Naggar is on a 10-day speaking tour in Canada. Visit the Shabab Islamic Centre to learn about other lectures in the "Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an" series.

8 Comments:

  • At 6/15/2005 11:26:00 PM, Anonymous Dalia said…

    Is he that scientist guy who wrote a book on mountains in the Quran? I hope we get a lovely little update on how the lecture went:)

     
  • At 6/16/2005 02:58:00 AM, Blogger Safiyyah said…

    Dalia: He is "that scientist guy". I imagine you can read up on him on the Shabab Centre website. As for the update, well, I don't believe that will be necessary, particularly since I plan on seeing you at the lecture. ;-)
    Thanks for your support in the previous post. It means a lot to me.

     
  • At 6/17/2005 12:45:00 AM, Blogger Asmaa said…

    Assalaamu alaikum Safiyyah

    Why don't you enlighten us as to what the content of lecture was?

    Asmaa >:)

     
  • At 6/17/2005 12:58:00 AM, Blogger Safiyyah said…

    Hahahaha. Best lecture I ever went to. Wouldn't you agree? ;-) Judging from the amount of talk I heard about it, I imagine its effects will be felt looong after its done with.
    Did you stay till the "arrival"?

     
  • At 6/17/2005 10:03:00 PM, Blogger Asmaa said…

    hehe. I left at 4pm.
    The arrival? as in that of the speaker? Nope. But I assume he must have been pretty pissed off. Who wouldn't be?

    You know what was funny? I heard some random guy yelling at Ahtisham because the speaker was late. And then I'm like "poor Ahtisham" - something I thought I would never say.

     
  • At 6/17/2005 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Safiyyah said…

    Awww, poor guy. He's got a very endearing personality - was he still smiling? ;-)

    Anyway, I won't comment further on the event. My policy is not post on any issue pertaining to my involvement in the MSA, except when I speak in generalities. I'm bound by confidentiality after all.

     
  • At 6/18/2005 12:57:00 AM, Anonymous Dalia said…

    So what happened? I wanna know too:)

     
  • At 6/18/2005 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Safiyyah said…

    Dalia: Read between the lines, m'dear.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home